Monday, March 1, 2010

We are here to reap!

Well I didn’t hear about the earthquake in Chile. But I’m sure Ill be hearing more about it soon. Well just have to wait and see.

We are going to have another zone conference this week sometime so that’s kinda exciting.

This last Sunday I was getting a little discouraged because it was starting to look like we weren’t going to have anybody in church again. Last Saturday we dropped 22 investigators and only had four to take to church. They all fell through yesterday. So with our heads down we went to church to take the sacrament. But when we got there, there was an investigator who we knew had been going to church for weeks but hasn’t been going to the right ward. We asked her if she would like to get baptized this next Tuesday and she said yes! So that is just a little miracle that happened the other day. Hope she has fun tomorrow.

I have been hearing of a bunch of missions with yearly goals of like 10 baptisms for their mission and I think that that is just wrong. I have taught a bunch of Mexicans who have come from the US and have been receiving the lessons for three or more years and have never been challenged to baptism. That just makes me sad to see that. Here we challenge in the first or second lesson. And sometimes the first time we meet someone in the street. I think that there are some missionaries that just need to suck up their fright and ask this question that will give them their salvation. We were not sent here with the main purpose of planting seeds. We were sent here with the main purpose to find and to reap. Well that’s my vent for the day. Sometimes it makes me mad. But we have had a pretty good week. Very fun but a little disappointing in the choices that people make.

Hope that everyone is doing fine and that everything is going well. Till next week.

Elder Whetten

No comments: