Monday, March 2, 2009

He Called!!!!

Jay just called me from the Dallas Airport. He has a two hour layover in Dallas and then it's on to Leon, Mexico. He should arrive in Leon at about 1:45pm AZ time.

He sounded so good! He said he loved the MTC, that it really strengthened his testimony. He loved the spiritual atmosphere.

He is travelling with nine other Elders. What an awsome sight that must be!

He spoke some Spanish to me. It sounded really good to me! He said it was the "mission purpose". I was pretty impressed. He said he was pretty humble about his Spanish, not afraid to speak it, but he knew it wasn't perfect.

We talked for about ten minutes, until his quarters ran out. :-)

3 comments:

TBrooks said...

That is so awesome that you got to talk to Jay!! I can't wait until Wednesday . . . hopefully Logan will call! I love the picture of the three amigos - too bad Logan isn't there with them too. It's so good to see George.

Melissa P. said...

How exciting! We're keeping him in our prayers.

Pam said...

I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been to talk with him.

Fun to see Logan and Jay together as missionaries :)