Monday, May 25, 2009

300 Baptisms!

Ok well I have some good news and some goodish-bad news. The good news is that we broke 300 baptisms this month! And my companionship was the one to break the 300 with four baptisms yesterday!! So Bednar should be coming sometime soon and Elder Schow has the opportunity to translate for him.

The Bad news is its time for changes again and we got changed. I am very sad right now. I don’t want to leave my companion. Elder Toutai and I have seen many miracles together and we don’t want to leave each other yet. But we all have to get changed sometime. Elder Toutai is getting a kid as is Elders Hatton and Schow. We still haven’t found a house and since Elders Hatton and Schow are zone leaders they have to live in the same house together. So this coming week they will have six Elders in one house.

But I am actually leaving my area to a different state. Tomorrow I will be leaving to Leon to work in the area of the president and all of his assistants so it’s pretty exciting too.

The language is coming along just fine. I can understand people and they can understand me. Sometimes it is hard for me because I can’t quite teach in my own words sometimes. But when I really need to talk in those special moments, I have seen many miracles with the gift of tongues and I am thankful for all of your prayers. I really need them sometimes.

I don’t really have any Ideas for you but we do role playing in our meetings a lot. We give everyone a doubt or problem while one person is prepared then one missionary tries to find the prepared. The prepared has a doubt too but you have to get past that doubt to find them.

Tell grandma Happy Birthday. Ill Talk to you guys next week.

Love you all!

Elder Whetten








1 comment:

TBrooks said...

That is so AWESOME! That's a new ward right there!