Monday, June 8, 2009

Bednar is coming!

Well we finished off the month with 355 baptisms. With another month of hard work ahead of us. Bednar is coming on the 16th and the best part of it is the building that he is going to speak to us at is in my companion and my area. So we don’t have to travel far and we will have more time to work with the spirit that he gives us. This area is a lot different. You have some popsicle stick houses on the outside of our area but when we knock those, they aren’t as humble as the people living in the rich houses. It’s very confusing because I would think it would be the opposite.

I think that was Bednar that said that the first principle of the gospel is faith in Jesus Christ. And I totally agree. We can have faith but faith in what? We can have it in many things but probably the most important is Jesus Christ; for if we have faith in him, we are doing the works necessary that we need to help us spiritually and eternally. Such as reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, and enduring to the end.

I taught my companion how to play rummy last night. It was kind of hard to remember how to play it but after a little while we got it and were having fun. He also taught me a game called Con Quen. Its kind of like rummy but a lot more cut throat and shorter. Too bad we can only play one day a week.

About my hair cut. I think it makes me look older because it shows off where I’m balding. Ha ha!!

Spanish is coming along a lot easier now. I’m feeling like I’m using a lot of my own words and I really don’t have to think that much at all anymore. Just speak.

I got your package and everything got here fine. But you forgot to send me my photo card! It would be nice if you could send it. And the insoles are working great and so are my feet.

Well I have to go. Tell Galen happy birthday!! I’m writing in my journal. Praying, working hard. Having a good time here. Be safe and enjoy life.

Elder Whetten

No comments: