Monday, June 29, 2009

Testimony

Well, it has been another week with a lot of crazy tiring work. It seems that time moves so fast. I hit 6 months tomorrow and it only feels like I’ve been here for two. I feel like time is slipping away from me. Like I’m over judging how much time I really have here. I have to study hard every day to make sure that I can keep up with this broken space-time continuum. The spirit is such an amazing thing. I am so glad to have the spirit with me as a guide every day of my life. I am so glad to have my friends and family who support me here. I am so grateful for the sacrifices made by Joseph Smith so that we could have the Book of Mormon and the gospel in our life. I love the words of the scriptures and the prophets and apostles that we have to listen to in our day and all the help that we can get from them if we heed to their words. Most of all I love the Lord and all that he is willing to put us through because he loves us.

I don’t have anything to talk about today. Tell dad that he needs to enjoy life and go places. I can’t send any pictures today again. Sorry. Remember to bless the people you love in your prayers. My companion might be here for a while so if I think of something else Ill write another E-mail.

Elder Whetten

2 comments:

TBrooks said...

Wow! Six months! I enjoyed his sweet testimony . . . and last week I chuckled after reading the first line in his letter. He's speaking Spanish in English :o)

mpal said...

Jay is doing so amazing! It's hard to believe it's been 6 months. I really enjoy reading your blog. I read several other missionary's emails each week, I always save Jay for last because his are always the most uplifting!