Monday, February 1, 2010

13 months!

Well changes have come again today and I wasn’t changed! So I’m still here in San Luis Potosi with my companion. But one of the other elders we were living with got changed. (Elder Delgado) He just left to Leon at 6:30 this morning and so now we are with his companion Elder Garcia waiting for his new companion to get from Leon. His new companion is Elder Atkin, another gringo. So it’s going to be three gringos and one Mexican in one house. But Elder Garcia wants to learn English. I bet he’ll learn a lot in this change.

This last Thursday we went to Leon to hear from Elder de los Hoygas of the Seventy. (I’m not sure if that is how you really spell his name) Anyway had him speak to us as well as his wife and sister and president Cox. It was a good meeting in which I learned a lot but I was really sleepy.

Oh and the Irons in the font really were plugged in. But don’t worry we took every precaution so that nobody got hurt. We went as far as to lock the doors and repeating to everybody not to touch the irons or the cords. We even shut off the power to the church before we unplugged them. And the Irons still work perfectly!!! Ha ha.

One of the best soccer players on one of the professional soccer teams here in Mexico got shot last Wednesday in the head. But just yesterday it said in the news that he just woke up and is eating and walking around. His name is Salvador Cabañas who plays for the soccer team called America if you want to look up the story. I just thought that was interesting.

I don’t really have much else to talk about. I’m going to see if I can't upload some more pictures. Oh and I made 13 months yesterday!

Have a good week!

Elder Whetten

No comments: