Monday, November 1, 2010

New Focus, Slow Going

Well this week wasn't that successful. This new way of working is going really slow. But yesterday in sacrament meeting we were able to talk to the members about what we were doing. and the bishop really helped us the third hour because he got everyone together and basically reiterated the things that we said and showed the members how it really isn't our job as missionaries to find people but that our job is to just teach. He then gave out a couple "copies" of the Book of Mormon to some members and challenged them to give it out that week. He then told them that he was going to be handing them out every week from then on. so hopefully we may be able to see some improvement soon.


Now my companion and I live in a really nice and safe neighborhood. We were kinda surprised yesterday when a hoards of children started to come to our door. We forgot that it was Halloween. not that we would have bought any candy or anything but my companion felt really bad so we gave them stickers that said in Spanish that said"I am a child of god" and "I hope they call me on a mission" on them. Most of them liked it.

But I didn't go to Leon last week. They said that they were going to postpone it until this week but I just asked my zone leader this morning and he said that everyone else but me was going and that i was going to go later. Oh well.

So that's about it for this week. Love you all!

Elder Whetten

No comments: