Monday, July 27, 2009

Colonia Resident Evil

Yes I have had mole. The members have given it to me a lot. Sometimes they have mole enchiladas. When I first had it I thought it was kinda weird but now I like it. I don’t know if I said it but here they like to mix fruit with their water. And they are pretty good at it. But there was this one that I hated called tamariado. It was bitter and weird tasting. They wait until the fruit dries up and then they blend it with their water. But now I kind of like it. Funny how that is.

Last Thursday we found out that we had been sleeping with bed bugs. I have been putting on bug repellant for two weeks but I was always waking up with bug bites. Then on Thursday I layed my head down and brushed away what looked like dirt on my mattress. And then things started crawling. I jumped out of bed and yelled ¨¡Santa Vaca!¨ (Holy Cow!) Which scared my companion because he was praying at the time. I showed him my bed and we checked out his and his had them too. So we have been having a few restless nights sleeping on our clothes but right now we are in the process of exterminating the whole house. But that’s the mission life.

I got a hair cut. I don’t have a picture of it because I don’t have batteries. But the other night when we came home a girl said that I looked like a cross between Brad Pitt and Tom Cruse. We had a big laugh over that.

For some reason I was thinking that General Conference was this month. I probably won’t be with my companion when it comes so you don’t have to send fudge if you cant, or something, I don’t know, I guess you can.

Last week my companion and I took the wrong bus and fell asleep. We ended up in an area of houses that looked a lot like resident evil 4 (I don’t expect any of you to know what that looks like so just imagine a scary looking town with a bunch of broken down wooden houses.) We found our way back and looked at our map to see if it was in our area. It wasn’t on the map but we found out that it was. We went back this week and found out that Elders haven’t been there for four years. So now we are working in what my companion has dubbed ¨Colonia Resident Evil.¨ And we have been having a lot of success here. Nobody has denied hearing our message yet.

Well that’s all for now. I appreciate all of the support that I have received from my friends and family. Be it in letters or angels. Enjoy life.

Elder Whetten







This is the picture the kid on the street drew of my companion and me.

No comments: