Monday, April 5, 2010

Two...two...two weeks in one!

Elder Martinez, Elder Garcia, Elder Alvarez and Me!


Sorry that you didn't get my E-mail last week. I’ll see if I have it here in sent and see if I can send it. Yes we switched E-mail services so that might have been the problem.

(On his mission President Wife’s blog she said they had a goal for 500 investigators attending Conference and they exceeded it!)

Conference was amazing. It’s even more beautiful when you have investigators there experiencing the words of god directly from the prophets. In priesthood session we weren’t required to bring investigators so I was in another room of the church watching the broadcast in English. When I looked outside and saw the two most hippiest hippies in Mexico looking in. So I went outside and started to talk to them. They were two really energetic people with really wild hair. I asked them where they come from and they were like ¨from the heavens dude!¨ I explained to them what was happening in the church at the moment and invited them to come listen to the prophet. They came in and when the prophet got up they were just awed with the words that he was saying. They said that it was like god was actually talking to them. They were pretty wild but I was able to get their address so that some other missionaries could go teach the more.

We ended up taking 13 investigators to conference and most of them told us afterwards that now they know without a doubt that they want to get baptized. It was a great experience.

Sorry to tell you that I actually bought a cheap card adaptor about three and a half months ago. But thanks anyway. I didn’t get your package yet though.

Well I’m off to find last weeks E-mail. Ill stick around a bit. Love ya all!

Elder Whetten


This is last week’s email that I didn’t get until today.

I hate transfers. I really do hate them. One of the areas here due to uncontrollable circumstances has been left empty by the missionaries and the offices are thinking about moving our companionship over there to start new. I really don’t want to leave this area. We have some really good people lined up to be baptized. But if that’s the Lords will I’ll go and do it. It’s a really nice area. Our house would be right behind the stake building.

This week has been pretty cool. Remember that woman who seemed to understand everything but lived in another state? Well we found a guy exactly like her but he lives here! So I’m really excited to be teaching him.

Also with conference coming up, and with my Spanish a little better than last year I have been using conference to my advantage. Usually when I knock a door someone will come out and tell me that they’re Catholics or Christian or something like that. Now I’m like Oh so you’re familiar with the prophets like Moses and Abraham and Noah? They say yes. Then I ask them if they knew that God has called a prophet today who talks with God face to face to guide the world once again. Usually they say no and then I tell them about conference and how the Prophet and the twelve and the seventies are going to talk to the world and give us the messages that God wants us to hear. Then their interest is captured and they invite us in to talk a little more. I like my job.

That’s about it for today I think. I might be here for a while so if I think about something else Ill write more.

Till next week.

Elder Whetten

No comments: