Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A little down and discouraged

Thanks for your experience that you shared with me. I have been feeling the same way the last couple of days. I’ve been working on a grammar principle that I have been having a hard time on. Your story really helped me. I’ve been thinking, I don’t really know that much about your mission. I guess I’ve never really known how much worth my mission was going to be to me until i got here so I never really asked you about any stories from your mission. If you could, could you tell me some?

(Mom here - Short version of the story: I told him about when I was in the MTC and having a really hard time and feeling very alone. I was praying hard for help and wondering why I wasn't getting any. I got up off my knees and opened my scriptures to this passage D&C 6:14-16

14 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.

15 Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth;

16 Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart.
)

I would really appreciate it. I really don’t know what else to talk about. This week hasn’t been that eventful.

I dropped of my suitcase. I haven’t seen Elder Brooks yet. Elder Munden has though.

Oh, me and my companion were walking around a building one day when a man came running asking if anyone spoke Spanish. Me and my companion slowly raised our hands not knowing what we were getting into. He grabbed us and pushed us into this referral center and sat me down at this computer with headphones. I put them on and he told me that the guy on the other end spoke Spanish. I was like oh ok this will be easy but after i said hola he said something so fast... i really have no idea what he said. So i just said Como se llama? (What is your name) and it sounded like a paragraph put into the space that two words should be put into. So any way i saw that he was calling for a Lamb of god DVD and i didn't know what the word for lamb was so i asked him if he was calling for the lama de Dios...He then hung up. Later i looked up lama and lama means wool so yah whatever.

I can’t think of anything else to say. Tell everybody back home that I said hi.

No comments: