Monday, August 31, 2009

Hurricanes and Baptisms

Well two of my worst nightmares that I had before my mission have happened. (Baptizing a really old and disabled person and a pregnant lady.) We baptized these two really old brothers and a lady who has about two weeks left before giving birth. It wasn’t that bad but it scared me a little.

We finished this month with 416 baptisms. We went bowling to celebrate.

We have been getting a lot of rain from the hurricane. Its only been sprinkling all day every day but it adds up. One day it rained really hard and we got really wet, but we had a good attitude about it.

You are right about how people have to bring forth fruit to be baptized. One way that we can see that is if they go to church. That is a big one for me and my companion. So much so, that if they don’t go we don’t visit them again.

We should be getting the new version of the bible in Spanish pretty soon. Yay!!

I’m going to see if I can’t find a mail box around here like the one I was using in Aguascalientes. I think all my letters perished in this one. We received new mattresses from the mission!! (Thanks Mom!) (I guess sending several email to the mission office helped!)

That’s all for today. It wasn’t a very eventful week.

Oh yah I received my package. This time I got it in nine days. There were a couple things in there that were a good surprise. Thank you!!! Enjoy life.

Elder Whetten

No comments: